Applying for CalFresh can be a quick and easy process, and the CalFresh outreach team is here to assist you each step of the way. It is our mission to make the application process as straight foward and quick as possible. If you have any questions about the process contact us at (209) 228-4187 or visit us in KL 117.
Submit online application
Complete an in person or over the phone interview (within 7 days)
Submit Verifications (within 30 days)
Note: If they are not received within 10 days of your intake interview, then you will automatically receive a denial notice. However, YOU ARE NOT ACTUALLY DENIED until you have reached 30 days from the date of your application. If you miss the initial 10-day deadline it is OK, just get your verifications to the county as soon as possible.
Step 1: Application Screening with CalFresh team
- You can check "Am I Eligible?" tab to prescreen yourself before coming in
Step 2: If eligible, complete and submit application with CalFresh Outreach Team
- Although the online version is available, we encourage you to apply online with the help of the CalFresh Outreach Team
- Drop-in assistance available or schedule and appointment to receive help
Step 3: Once the application is received through online submission, your 30-day time frame begins
Step 4: You will need to complete your intake interview by phone or in person
- Your county social service department will either call or mail you a date and time for your intake interview
- Let the CalFresh Outreach Team know if you have not heard from the county within the first 7 days
Step 5: After your interview, you will be required to provide verification documents to your county office to complete your application. Your application will not be approved if you do not submit verification documents that meet their requirements. Examples of verification documentation include:
- Copy of ID (California ID, passport, driver's license)
- Proof of address (PG&E bill, letter from county regarding CalFresh)
- Income Verification if employed (Pay stub)
- Financial aid award letter
- Student Meal Plan
- FAFSA Aid Report
- Student Enrollment Information (Enrollment verification form/ schedule)
More information on how to get these verification forms here!