Increase the proportion of students who report meeting current federal guidelines for aerobic physical activity, from 39.9 percent to 53.5 percent. "Federal guidelines for aerobic physical activity" is defined as:
- Moderate intensity: 30 minutes a day, 5 or more per week; or
- Vigorous intensity: 20 minutes a day, 3 or more days per week
Why is physical activity important for UC Merced students?
- Improves energy, focus and concentration
- Contributes to better sleep habits
What are the H.E.R.O.E.S. doing?
To promote aerobic physical activity, the H.E.R.O.E.S. have created the following programs:
- The Take the Stairs campaign a national effort that the H.E.R.O.E.S., the Library and Environmental Health and Safety have brought to UC Merced; and
- Physical Activity Map.